- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
UTME 2019: 15-year-old Ekene Franklin emerges as best student
The best student in 2019 JAMB examination has been unveiled as a 15-year-old boy from Abia State.
The 15-year old boy, according to Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, scored 347 marks considered as the highest by board, Vanguard reports.
Similar, a 16-year-old boy from Abia State came second by scoring 346 marks.
Also a 17 year old from Osun State who trailed behind with 345, was considered by the board as the third best result in the 2019 UTME.
But the Registrar of JAMB, Prof Ishaq Oloyode, who announced this at a media briefing, Saturday, however, said the best student in 2019 JAMB may not be admitted in the University of Lagos,which he chose as his first choice because of age.
He gave the names of the three best candidates as Ekene Franklin: Igban Emmanuel Chidiebube and Oluwo Isaac Olamilekan Oloyode did not disclose the intended courses of the best performing students.
The board’s Registrar, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, had on Friday confirmed that the results will be released on Saturday.
He had said in a press briefing
“We are releasing our results tomorrow, we are having a meeting today to consider what to put out”.
The results were however released earlier today and candidates across the country have been checking their scores