- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
R. Kelly’s daughter ‘forced to drop out of college’ because he stopped paying her tuition
American R&B singer, R. Kelly has reportedly stopped paying his daughter’s college tuition, forcing her to drop out of school.
According to media reports, Kelly’s daughter, Joann Lee was attending an art school in California, and attempted to sign up for new courses for her next semester but was denied because of unpaid tuition.
R. Kelly is reportedly supposed to pay for Lee’s education until she turns 23, but sources are saying the young woman was cut off in 2018 without any notice. Since then, the singer’s camp has responded, saying Kelly thought his daughter already dropped out of school, which is why there were no payments made.
R Kelly’s Crisis Manager, Darrell Johnson, said that the singer must receive billing statements and proof of expenses in order to pay for Joann’s education. He claims Kelly never received them, additionally, he said R Kelly believed that Joann had chosen to drop out of school herself, and so he stopped getting bills.