- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Security guard allegedly kills colleague for ritual
A private security guard employed by the management of the Lagos State Polytechnic (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu, Cletus Wilson, on Friday, allegedly murdered one of his colleagues, John Okoro.
The management of the polytechnic and the police have confirmed the development.
It was gathered that Mr Wilson had attempted to escape shortly after committing the crime, but other security guards on the campus chased and caught him.
They immediately reported the matter at the police station along Ikorodu-Sagamu Road, and its personnel visited the scene where Mr Wilson was handed over to them.
Speaking on the development, the polytechnic’s spokesperson, Olanrewaju Kuye, said both the victim and the alleged culprit are members of the outsourced security operatives engaged by the school.
He said; “The report of the murder case is true. The two of them work for Kramoo Securities, a private company, which supplied them to the school. We have since reported the incident to both the police and the security company.
“We are aware it is for ritual purpose but the police would unravel the details in their investigations.”
Confirming the incident, the divisional police officer in charge of the police station, Adekunle Omisakin, said the matter is currently being investigated by his station.