- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
Fire razes 6 shops in Kano market
Six temporary shops were burnt down at Kofar Ruwa Market (Kasuwar ‘Yan Rodi) in Kano on Sunday night as firefighters battled to curtail its spread.
The Public Relations Officer of the State Fire Service, Malam Saidu Mohammed, told the newsmen in Kano on Monday that six shops were affected by the fire incident which source was yet to be identified.
He said a distress call from one Usman Danladi was received at about 10:10 pm saying that there was fire outbreak at the market.
”On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene of the incident at about 10:15 pm to stop the fire from spreading to other shops,” he said.
He advised traders to be more careful and desist from using instruments capable of triggering fire as a way of guarding against future occurrence.
Mohammed also advised residents to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers at home to enable them to curtail fire outbreak before calling on the fire service.
He said the cause of the fire was still unknown but that investigation has begun.