- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
Fire razes 6 shops in Kano market
Six temporary shops were burnt down at Kofar Ruwa Market (Kasuwar ‘Yan Rodi) in Kano on Sunday night as firefighters battled to curtail its spread.
The Public Relations Officer of the State Fire Service, Malam Saidu Mohammed, told the newsmen in Kano on Monday that six shops were affected by the fire incident which source was yet to be identified.
He said a distress call from one Usman Danladi was received at about 10:10 pm saying that there was fire outbreak at the market.
”On receiving the information, we quickly sent some of our personnel and fire fighting vehicles to the scene of the incident at about 10:15 pm to stop the fire from spreading to other shops,” he said.
He advised traders to be more careful and desist from using instruments capable of triggering fire as a way of guarding against future occurrence.
Mohammed also advised residents to keep fire buckets, blankets and extinguishers at home to enable them to curtail fire outbreak before calling on the fire service.
He said the cause of the fire was still unknown but that investigation has begun.