- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Updated: Pilot dies as two fighter jets collide, plunge into residential area
Two German Eurofighter jets have crashed in the north-eastern state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, the Interior Ministry has confirmed.
The planes have reportedly fallen into a residential area, according to the German media.
However, one of the two pilots involved in the midair collision is dead, broadcaster n-tv reported, citing local police.
The accident, during a training flight, happened over northern Fleesensee Lake near the town of Malchow, a tweet showed.
Another tweet said the crash has triggered some forest fire, which is spreading because of drought.
*This is a developing story. Details later