- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Updated: Pilot dies as two fighter jets collide, plunge into residential area
Two German Eurofighter jets have crashed in the north-eastern state of Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, the Interior Ministry has confirmed.
The planes have reportedly fallen into a residential area, according to the German media.
However, one of the two pilots involved in the midair collision is dead, broadcaster n-tv reported, citing local police.
The accident, during a training flight, happened over northern Fleesensee Lake near the town of Malchow, a tweet showed.
Another tweet said the crash has triggered some forest fire, which is spreading because of drought.
*This is a developing story. Details later