- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
MO Abudu reacts to ‘Plane Seat conversation’ between Wole Soyinka and passenger, shares letter Wole Soyinka sent her
Nigerian Media mogul MO Abudu has joined the train of celebrities reacting to the viral ‘plane seat’ conversation after a Nigerian man ordered Nobel laureate, Wole Soyinka out of his seat on board a flight over the weekend.
She took to her social media handle to express herself and also to share a letter Prof. Wole Soyinka sent her debunking the claim made by the young man that he conversed with the prof and even exchanged contacts.
See her post below:
Good morning beautiful people. Its 6.30 am here in Los Angeles.
Quite a bit has been said about me making certain comments about the young man that refused to give up his seat for Professor Wole Soyinka.
I will not comment further on this, however as you all know I LOVE and RESPECT Professor Wole Soyinka dearly.
Based on this incident, I did receive an email from Professor Wole Soyinka this morning and with his permission, its below:
Someone sent me Patrick Tonye’s comment on the plane incident, and I saw your brief comment. It was a very minor thing and I’d forgotten all about it. However, after reading the boy’s response, l became curious. First, I never exchanged a word with him throughout beyond inviting him to take his allotted seat. Never spoke a word to him after that. Certainly never exchanged contact. So of course, i wonder if it’s the very individual who’s posted this or a total fake. The phenomenon of stolen identities takes very strange dimensions and has become a source of worry. I wonder if this is one such. Any way of your finding out. I don’t operate in the social media as you probably recall.