- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Man stripped at Benin monarch’s palace for ‘impersonation’
A member of the Ibiwe Society, Chief Okoro Idusere, has been stripped for parading himself as an Enogie (Duke) and using insignia of palace royalty in his car, amounting to impersonation.
Chief Idusere also wore beads only used by Enigies and top palace functionaries and must have been presented to them by the Oba of Bénin.
In a viral video, the palace Ewaise (diviners) and Secretary of Bénin Traditional Council, Mr. Frank Irabor, were seen interrogating Chief Idusere over impersonation.
Chief Idusere agreed he was not an Enogie and was not given coral beads by the Oba.
Irabor informed him of the consequences of parading himself as an Enogie and using royalty insignia on his car.
Idusere, who denied conniving with others to denigrate the Palace using various social media platforms, agreed to swear any oath on any altar (juju) in the palace.
He was heard explaining how he wanted to form the Bénin Royal Army since the sect belonged to the last line of defence.
Idusere was later seen on his pants on swearing oath after a cock was slaughtered.
It was gathered that Idusere would be arraigned Tuesday for violating the Edo State Chieftaincy and Traditional Rulers Laws.