- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Police arrest secondary school students for shooting schoolmates
Three students of MH Joosub Secondary School in Lenasia, South Africa, were arrested on Tuesday morning for shooting two schoolmates.
Eyewitnesses alleged that the shooting occurred outside the school’s premises before teaching took place. The two victims of the incident, are receiving medical attention at Lenmed Clinic and Lenasia Clinic.
“We have sent our psychosocial unit to support the staff and learners at the school, including the victims and their families. The level of violence in and around our schools is of grave concern,” Gauteng department of education spokesperson Steve Mabona said.
A resident of the area told newsmen that the shooting stemmed from the previous fight the boys had.
“We heard that the boys had fought before so maybe that is what led to the shooting. I cannot say with certainty but I think it’s because of the fighting,” said the resident.
Sowetan reported that the Police spokesperson, Col Lungelo Dlamini said three boys between the ages of 14 and 17 were arrested. It was further gathered that a pistol and six rounds of ammunition were recovered at the home of one of the students.