- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
LAPD Was Investigating Nipsey Hussle at the Time of His Death
The Los Angeles Police Department was investigating Nipsey Hussle before he was shot dead by a former friend, new reports claim
According to the New York Times, the joint probe, which also includes the Los Angeles city attorney’s office, focused on whether there was gang activity at the Nipsey’s strip mall.
The publication added that, though Nipsey is dead, the investigation has not ended and that authorities could be going after former business partners of Nipsey.
As part of the investigation, the city pressured Nipsey Hussle’s former landlords to evict the rapper and his associates. Instead, the landlords sold the property earlier this year to Hussle and a group of investors for $2.5 million, according to public records.
A spokesman for the city attorney’s office said it could not comment about an open investigation.