- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
LAPD Was Investigating Nipsey Hussle at the Time of His Death
The Los Angeles Police Department was investigating Nipsey Hussle before he was shot dead by a former friend, new reports claim
According to the New York Times, the joint probe, which also includes the Los Angeles city attorney’s office, focused on whether there was gang activity at the Nipsey’s strip mall.
The publication added that, though Nipsey is dead, the investigation has not ended and that authorities could be going after former business partners of Nipsey.
As part of the investigation, the city pressured Nipsey Hussle’s former landlords to evict the rapper and his associates. Instead, the landlords sold the property earlier this year to Hussle and a group of investors for $2.5 million, according to public records.
A spokesman for the city attorney’s office said it could not comment about an open investigation.