- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
CCTV caught horrible bus accident that claimed lives of 2 drivers at Geri-Alimi underpass in Ilorin, Kwara state.
A middle-aged man reportedly lost his life, while eight others were severely injured in an auto crash involving two 18-seater buses along the newly-commissioned Geri Alimi underpass dual carriage road in the Ilorin metropolis, yesterday.
According to an eyewitness, the fatal accident, yesterday morning, was said to have been caused by over-speeding and reckless driving, which resulted in loss of control.
A Mazda with number plates XY 525 FST was entering the state capital, while the second bus, also a Mazda bus with number plates LRN 208 ZA, was leaving the city when they both had a head-on collision, Vanguard reports.
“About eight persons, including three women, were severely injured in the head-on collision” said a roadside trader.
Also speaking with journalists, the state Federal Road Safety Corps, FRSC, Sector Commander, Uche Wihioka, confirmed that one male died in the auto crash, saying two males were involved, with one sustaining serious injuries.
He said the victims of the crash were taken to the State General Hospital, adding that the State Police Command had also taken over clearing of scene of the accident.
Watch the footage below.
CCTV caught horrible bus accident that claimed lives of 2 drivers at Geri-Alimi underpass in Ilorin, kwara state.pic.twitter.com/Mu5JswA1qj
— #BBNaija Laila Ijeoma (@LailaIjeoma) July 19, 2019