- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Popular Lagos Socialite, Toyin Igbira, Is Dead
Prominent Lagos socialite, Alhaja Monsurat Oluwatoyin Oyemade, popularly known as Toyin Igbira, is dead. Igbira died on Saturday night at a private hospital in Surulere, Lagos, after an unsuccessful battle with ovarian cancer.
Toyin, 56, eventually succumbed to the illness after battling with the killer disease for 10 years which took her around the world searching for the best medical treatment.
At a time, her health improved and she was on her feet again for several months until the sickness relapsed before she finally gave up the ghost on Saturday.
Toyin, who was regarded as Queen of Narcotics of Lagos for her international drug trafficking network around the world during her lifetime, was a big fan of top Fuji music musicians, including Abass Obesere and K1 De Ultimate who sang her praise and gave accolades.
She is survived by three children and several grandchildren. She owns choice mansions in Lagos, Abuja and the United States.