- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Popular Lagos Socialite, Toyin Igbira, Is Dead
Prominent Lagos socialite, Alhaja Monsurat Oluwatoyin Oyemade, popularly known as Toyin Igbira, is dead. Igbira died on Saturday night at a private hospital in Surulere, Lagos, after an unsuccessful battle with ovarian cancer.
Toyin, 56, eventually succumbed to the illness after battling with the killer disease for 10 years which took her around the world searching for the best medical treatment.
At a time, her health improved and she was on her feet again for several months until the sickness relapsed before she finally gave up the ghost on Saturday.
Toyin, who was regarded as Queen of Narcotics of Lagos for her international drug trafficking network around the world during her lifetime, was a big fan of top Fuji music musicians, including Abass Obesere and K1 De Ultimate who sang her praise and gave accolades.
She is survived by three children and several grandchildren. She owns choice mansions in Lagos, Abuja and the United States.