- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
22-year-old murder suspect exposed by phone accessories in Katsina
A Katsina Chief Magistrates’ Court has remanded Aminu Usman for illegal possession of firearms and homicide.
The 22-year-old man, who hails from Yammarata village in the Faskari Local Government Area of the state, was brought before the Justice Fadile Dikko on Tuesday.
It was learnt that detectives attached to the Faskari Police Division ’ s Surveillance Squad arrested Usman after a mobile telephone cover and solar panel charger belonging to a deceased victim of an armed attack were found in his possession.
Other items found on the accused include a Dane gun and a machete suspected to be the murder weapons.
The police prosecutor , Sergeant Bello Lawal , gave the name of the victim as Muntari Abdu, 15 , said to be a herdsman .
According to the police , on July 16, 2019, Usman allegedly shot Abdu in the abdomen with a gun and used a machete to inflict injuries on him .
Usman, thereafter , dispossessed Abdu of his mobile telephone handset and solar panel charger .
The victim later died from the injuries at the Faskari General Hospital .
The police have since released the corpse to one of his relatives, Abubakar, for burial.
The police prosecutor told the court that Usman’ s alleged offences contravened sections 3 ( 1 ); 2 ( a ) and 221 of the Firearms Act and Penal Code Law .
He asked the court for more time to enable the police to conclude investigation into the case .
The presiding magistrate granted his request and ordered that Usman be remanded in prison custody until September 10 , 2019, when the case comes up for mention.