Looks like you have blocked notifications!

Suspected cultist shot by policeman finally dead

Chinedu Obi, a suspected cultist who threatened to storm a police station with his gang members and kill officers who arrested him gave up the ghost on July 20.

Chinedu who died at a hospital where he was taken to for treatment as a result of shots he concieved on the leg to control him from causing more har, Police Public Relation Officer and Deputy Superintendent (DSP) told newsmen.

Policemen attached to Sango Ota Divison arrested Chinedu Obi for alleged malicious damage but he became possessed and uncontrollable during interrogation.

Newsmen gathered that Chinedu ran out of the statement room, picked up an axe that was lying om ground and started smashing windscreens of vehicles parked inside the police station.

A police source told Newsmen that Obi damaged 17 vehicles inside the station and proceeded to pursue policemen of the division with the axe before he was demobilised.

Oyeyemi said the officer who shot Obi acted in line with Force Order 237 since the suspect was armed with an axe and aggressive.

He refuted claims that the police shot the suspect and allowed him bleed to death, insisting that Obi was taken to the General Hospital in Ota where he died while receiving treatment.

“The truth of the matter is that the suspect was arrested on July 19 at about 10:30am in connection with a case of assault/ malicious damage. He was taken to Sango Ota divisional headquarters for investigation.

“While he was being interrogated, he suddenly went berserk, picked an axe recovered earlier as an exhibit and started chasing policemen in the station with it.

“He ran out of the interrogation room to where vehicles were parked and used the axe to destroy 17 vehicles. Afterwards, he started chasing the policemen with the aim of using the axe on anyone around.

“It was at that point that an armed officer on duty was left with no alternative than to shoot him on the leg in order to demoblise him. He was then taken to General Hospital Ota for treatment but later died while receiving medical attention.

“It is worthy of note that before the suspect went out of his mind, he had made useful statements to the police and it was established that he was a renowned cultist who had been terrorising Ijoko Ota and its environ before the incident that led to his arrest,” said Oyeyemi.

A viral one minute and 30 seconds video showed Obi at the back of a police patrol van bleeding and threatening to return with his gang members and kill all those behind his arrest.

He warned cops serving in the station to flee before his return because upon his return with his Black Axe members, they will “spray” the division and kill everyone.

Looks like you have blocked notifications!


SUBSCRIBE TO Within Nigeria ON WhatsApp


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More