- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
Communal clashes lead to killings of 37 people in Chad
The inter-communal clashes between farmers and camel herders have led to the killings of no fewer than 37people.
President Idriss Deby Itno while speaking to reporters in the capital N’Djamena said inter-communal conflict had become a “national concern”.
“Three days ago, 37 Chadians were killed in Ouaddai [region] as a result of inter-communal conflicts,” he said.
According to Chadian news reports, dozens of people were killed and wounded amid clashes in the country’s eastern Sila province between Arab herders and Ouaddai farmers, according to Chadian news reports.
Ouaddai is a strategic region located on the borders with Sudan.