- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
Communal clashes lead to killings of 37 people in Chad
The inter-communal clashes between farmers and camel herders have led to the killings of no fewer than 37people.
President Idriss Deby Itno while speaking to reporters in the capital N’Djamena said inter-communal conflict had become a “national concern”.
“Three days ago, 37 Chadians were killed in Ouaddai [region] as a result of inter-communal conflicts,” he said.
According to Chadian news reports, dozens of people were killed and wounded amid clashes in the country’s eastern Sila province between Arab herders and Ouaddai farmers, according to Chadian news reports.
Ouaddai is a strategic region located on the borders with Sudan.