- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Police stray bullet kills 30-year-old tailor in Lagos
A stray bullet fired by the police during a manhunt for kidnappers has killed a 30-year-old tailor.
The sad incident happened when hoodlums allegedly attacked men of Anti-Kidnapping Squad attached to “M” Command, Idimu along Ijegun-Isolo road.
The police reportedly opened fire on the hoodlums in order to arrest the situation before a stray bullet allegedly hit Owoodun.
The police claimed three officers, including an Assistant Superintendent of Police, were injured by the hoodlums.
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Bala Elkana, said the Commissioner of Police, Muazu Zubairu, had order investigation into the incident.
He added that the CP had condoled with Owoodun’s family.
He said, “A stray bullet hit one Busayo Owoodun. The gang with the support of some notorious cultists in the area, attacked the police team and injured the leader, ASP Victor Ugbegun, and two others who are currently in critical condition at the intensive care unit of a hospital.
“With reinforcements from Operations Department, Rapid Response Squads, Task Force, and neighbouring divisions we were able to contain the situation and take the injured officers to hospital.
“The command has launched a manhunt of the assailants with a view to bringing them to justice.
“The corpse of the victim of the stray bullet was taken to hospital for autopsy. The Commissioner of Police has ordered a full investigation into the case.”