- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Police nab three highway robbers
Three suspected highway robbers who allegedly terrorize Odogbolu/Ijebu-Ode expressway have been arrested by Ogun state police command.
The suspects, Johnson Afokolu, Victor Micheal and Jacob Usang who were arrested Saturday morning by Police patrol team while taking position to attack early travellers
Attempts to flee the scene after they were sighted by policemen foiled as they were finally apprehended after a close chase.
Newsmen learnt that harmful equipments and materials such as toy gun, a knife, phones, susbtances suspected to be marijuana, military accoutrements and torches were recovered from them.
Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi told newsmen that “They (suspects) confessed to have been responsible for most armed robberies in the area and that other members of the gang usually joined them on special operations,” said police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP).
He said Police Commissioner Bashir Makama has ordered the transfer of the suspects to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) for discreet investigation, while manhunt for their accomplices has begun.