- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
- BREAKING: Court upholds IGP’s power to recruit
Bahamas: Tyler Perry delivers supplies to victims of Hurricane Dorian with his private plane
Tyler Perry came through for Bahamians, barely a day after pledging to help the hurricane-ravaged Island country.
“To all the incredible people of the Bahamas who have welcomed me and called me an adoptive son, I want you to know that I am watching closely, and as soon as I can, I will be there to do whatever I can to help you rebuild stronger and better,” he wrote on Instagram earlier this week.
In the wake of Hurricane Dorian, ace Hollywood movie producer and actor sent out his private seaplane loaded with supplies to the Bahamas. TMZ reported that the supplies which include water, juice, diapers and sleeping bags was sent to Abaco Islands which is one of the most hit region in the country.
The private plane returned to the United States on Thursday September 5, with seven passengers, including small children, a pregnant woman and others who needed medical attention.
Though formerly a category 5 storm, the now category one storm is currently churning along the eastern US seaboard towards Nova Scotia. The storm is blamed for at least 30 deaths and Bahamas officials say that hundreds, or even thousands are missing.