- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari, has presented the 2020 appropriation bill before a joint session of the national assembly. According to the President, the 2020 national budget has been estimated at N8.155 trillion.
Buhari, who arrived the National Assembly chambers at about 2 p.m., presented the budget to lawmakers.
The president announced that N125 billion was allocated to the National Assembly while N110 billion was allocated to the Judiciary.
In terms of allocation to ministries, the president announced the following allocations to respective ministries.
The breakdown below shows how the money has been allocated:
Works and Housing: N262 billion
Power: N127 billion
Transportation: N123 billion
University Basic Education: 112 billion
Defence: N100 billion
Zonal Intervention Projects: N100 billion
Agriculture and Rural Devt: N83 billion
Water Resources: N82 billion
Niger Delta: 81bn Education: N48 billion
More to come…