- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
Nigerian student becomes first black woman to graduate with two first-class degrees in UK university
A Nigerian student identified as Anita Osariemen Omunowa has become the first black woman to graduate from a UK university with two first-class degrees.
She had three first-class distinctions from the University of Reading, UK (LLB), University of Birmingham, UK (LLM), and the Nigerian Law School (BL).
According to her public profile, she graduated top of her class at the Nigerian Law School which got her several prizes such as the Council of Legal Education Star Prize, best outstanding academic performance, among others.
She is also the vice president of the Association of Young Arbitrators, a member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb).
Added to all that is that she is a volunteer staff counsel at the Lagos Chamber of Commerce International Arbitration Centre (LACIAC).
She is also said to have been the first person to have graduated with a first-class degree in law from the University of Reading, the United Kingdom in 2012.