- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
University Of Ibadan Celebrates Graduating Student With 7.0 CGPA
Miss Ebhomielen Ofure Mary of the Department of Computer Science, University of Ibadan is being celebrated for scoring the highest CGPA of 7.0.
The Vice-Chancellor, University of Ibadan, Prof. Abel Idowu Olayinka, FAS made the announcement at the first day of the 2019 Convocation ceremonies holding at the International Conference Centre.
And she had the golden opportunity to have a special handshake with the institution’s Vice Chancellor, who could not hide his admiration for the star of the moment.
In her brief speech, Ebhomielen, who congratulated her fellow graduands, noted that they were being celebrated because they had burnt the midnight candles.
She noted that success did not come easy, adding that apart from making a good grade in the university, one still needed to prove oneself in the outside world.
She called on those who did not make upper division to go out and prove their worth in the job market.