- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
- BREAKING: Court upholds IGP’s power to recruit
- BREAKING: Council approves establishment of new emirates in Kano
PHOTO: Nigerian Police officer dies few weeks to his wedding
Tragedy hits the family of a Nigerian police officer as the yet-to-be identified officer lost his life barely weeks to his wedding.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the police officer was killed in an accident while on duty.
According to a friend identified as Nwachukwu Nnenna who shared the picture of the deceased on he facebook timeline, the deceased was set to wed on December 15th, 2019.
“To think that you were in my office few days to ur demise, I told you to hold on for some secs let me tidy up my table but then you left in a hurry..and you told me you will come back,you said you were preparing for ur wedding coming up on the 15th of December.2019 only for me to hear that you re dead…I still couldn’t believe it until today when ur signal of “Death while in service” came to my table,I became shattered…R.I.P my good friend.’ she wrote.
In other news, a policeman during the weekend, shot his wife dead at the Ikoyi Prison barracks, Lagos, during a quarrel.
The policeman with an unknown identity was said to have thereafter, shot himself in the head and died on the spot