Saturday, 23 May 2026
  • My Feed
  • My Interests
  • My Saves
  • History
  • Latest Updates
Subscribe
WITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
  • 🔥
  • FEATURES
  • POLITICS
  • SPECIAL REPORTS
  • ANALYSIS
  • SPORTS
  • NOLLYWOOD
  • EDUCATION
  • OPINION
  • BUSINESS
  • LIFESTYLE
  • HEALTH
  • TECHNOLOGY
  • PRESS RELEASE
Font ResizerAa
WITHIN NIGERIAWITHIN NIGERIA
  • HOME
  • NEWS
  • ENTERTAINMENT
  • FACT CHECK
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© WITHIN NIGERIA MEDIA LTD. All Rights Reserved.
World News

Man thought to be dead found living in woods five years after disappearing

Last updated: August 3, 2020 1:59 pm
Share
Man thought to be dead found living in woods five years after disappearing
SHARE

After living in the woods for five years following reports that he was missing, Ricardas Puisys, 35, who was feared to have been murdered, has been found.

The UK Police launched a murder investigation in November 2015 after believing Ricardas had been killed by criminals. Ricardas was last seen on September 26, 2015, at Nightlayer Leek Company in Chatteris where he worked. According to eye witnesses, he was seen in the company of a small group of Lithuanian men before disappearing, leading to a murder probe despite the fact that no body was found.

The police believed he was killed after the criminals exploited him.

According to the Sun UK, the puzzle was finally solved at the start of July when officers found out that Ricardas has been living in undergrowth in Wisbech, Cambs, UK.

Detective Chief Inspector Rob Hall, from the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Major Crime Unit, said: “For almost five years Ricardas’ disappearance has been a complete mystery.

“That was until we received information at the end of June which led us to finding him.”

According to police, they only just revealed Ricardas is still alive on Sunday 2nd of August, 2020, in order to ensure the family that he is safe.

DCI Hall said: “A team of investigators worked tirelessly following up a number of inquiries, none leading to the discovery of Ricardas. That was until we received information that Ricardas may have been alive and still in the Wisbech area.

“Following a search of wooded area in Harecroft Road, Ricardas was eventually found living in undergrowth, very well concealed after having deliberately hidden and having not spoken with anyone for some time.

“We made the decision not to publicly announce we had found Ricardas alive until now in order to protect him and put safeguarding measures in place.

“He is safe and we are working very closely with him to ensure he remains safe, but also to ensure he gets the support he needs after having lived through extremely difficult circumstances during the last five or more years.”

The police are now investigating the potential exploitation of Ricardas.

TAGGED:DeathdisappearForestFoundmanmissing
Share This Article
Email Copy Link Print
Previous Article PHOTOS: Police nabs Mexican drug lord 'El Marro' after years on the run PHOTOS: Police nabs Mexican drug lord ‘El Marro’ after years on the run
Next Article Father of 3 hangs self to death after to strangling sister in Enugu Father of 3 hangs self to death after to strangling sister in Enugu
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Your Trusted Source for Accurate and Timely Updates!

Our commitment to accuracy, impartiality, and delivering breaking news as it happens has earned us the trust of a vast audience. Stay ahead with real-time updates on the latest events, trends.
FacebookLike
XFollow
InstagramFollow
LinkedInFollow
MediumFollow
QuoraFollow
- Advertisement -
Ad image

You Might Also Like

World News

Man who had knife stuck in head in viral video resumes work just three days later

By

‘I cancelled £6,000 wedding to my dream man with just a month to go because a Psychic told me to’ – Lady reveals

By
Damilare Aanu
World News

VIDEO: Uber Sacks 3,500 Employees Via A Zoom Call

By
Davies Ngere Ify
Malian President, Ibrahim Keita bows to pressure, resigns from office
AFRICA

Ousted Mali president Keita suffers stroke

By
Adejayan Gbenga Gsong
WITHIN NIGERIA
Facebook Twitter Youtube Rss Medium

About US

 Your instant connection to breaking stories and live updates. Stay informed with our real-time coverage across politics, tech, entertainment, and more. Your reliable source for 24/7 news.

Top Categories
  • World News
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Tech
  • Health
  • Travel
Usefull Links
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise with US
  • Complaint
  • Privacy Policy
  • Cookie Policy

© . All Rights Reserved.