Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft, is rumoured to be dating Paula Hurd, the widow of Mark Hurd, the former CEO of Oracle. Bill Gates and she were seen together at the Australian Open in Melbourne last month, as well as while out and about in the city.
Following a 30-year marriage, Bill and Melinda Gates divorced in May 2021.
Paula Hurd and Bill Gates have reportedly been dating for more than a year, according to a People report. Paula Hurd and Bill Gates are reportedly dating, but she hasn’t yet met his children, a source told the publication.
Here are five things to know about the new Bill Gates’ partner:
- Paula Hurd was married to former CEO of Oracle, Mark Hurd, who died in 2019 at the age of 62 after battling cancer. They share two daughters – Kelly and Kathryn.
- Ms Hurd, 60, is a philanthropist, an avid tennis fan, and works as an event planner. According to her LinkedIn profile, she organises events for corporate, personal and charitable occasions. She has also worked as a tech executive.
- She graduated from the University of Texas at Austin and obtained a bachelor’s degree in business administration in 1984.
- She worked at NCR Corporation, a US-based software company, for 17 years and held various sales and services leadership posts there.
- Ms Hurd is a member of Board of Regents of the Baylor University, Texas, which is the alma mater of Mark Hurd. The board is the official governing body of the university. She has donated $7 million to the Baylor Basketball Pavilion.
Paula Hurd and Bill Gates run in the same circles and have met before Mark Hurd’s death because of their common love for tennis, reported Pagesix.
Discussion about this post