- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
The Nigerian make-up industry is one sector that has constantly evolved, keeping up with the western world. The use of makeup has gone far beyond just being used daily by most women. Today, the movie industry (especially Nollywood) cannot do without makeup artists as it is of maximum importance that they produce movies that are convincing.
As many of us already know, making a film believable can be a very tough job, though possible. There are various elements to consider when it comes to making a film believable, but one of the most important rudiments is making sure that the characters look realistic, which proves difficult or simple depending on the character to be created.
However, as hard as the art of transforming a person to fit into a described character can be, Nigerian make-up artistes have proved to be equal to the task. These transformation pictures of some of our beautiful Nollywood divas will definitely convince you.
#9 Rita Dominic
Rita Dominic in The Meeting. Thumbs up to the makeup artist that did this very well-done job! I can only imagine the amount of time and patience it took to achieve this look. With the obvious improvements in movie productions, styling and make up has gone to the next level synonymous to Hollywood. Though there’s always a space in the room for improvement, with improvements like this, the future is bright!