- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
When hunger strikes, it’s good to know that there are easy, speedy options that are healthy too. We’ve put together our favourite snacks, all with the Good Food healthy stamp of approval. They take 10 minutes or less to make – ready, set, snack!
1. Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticksServes 2 Prep 10 mins No cook
Drain a 380g carton chickpeas and reserve the liquid. Tip three-quarters of the chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tbsp of the chickpea liquid, then add the zest and juice ½ lemon, 1 tbsp tahini, ½ – 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and 1 tsp rapeseed oil.
Blitz until smooth, then stir in the remaining one-quarter of the chickpeas. Cut 4 celery sticks and 2 carrots into batons, then core 2 crisp red apples and cut into slices.
You can use the remaining ½ lemon to squeeze over the apple slices to stop them browning if you like. Serve with the peanut houmous.
Full recipe: Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticks