- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
10 healthy snacks you can make in minutes
Curb your hunger the healthy way with a super-fast snack. We’ve got nutritious smoothies, dips and light bites, all ready in under 10 minutes.
When hunger strikes, it’s good to know that there are easy, speedy options that are healthy too. We’ve put together our favourite snacks, all with the Good Food healthy stamp of approval. They take 10 minutes or less to make – ready, set, snack!
1. Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticksServes 2 Prep 10 mins No cook
Drain a 380g carton chickpeas and reserve the liquid. Tip three-quarters of the chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tbsp of the chickpea liquid, then add the zest and juice ½ lemon, 1 tbsp tahini, ½ – 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and 1 tsp rapeseed oil.
Blitz until smooth, then stir in the remaining one-quarter of the chickpeas. Cut 4 celery sticks and 2 carrots into batons, then core 2 crisp red apples and cut into slices.
You can use the remaining ½ lemon to squeeze over the apple slices to stop them browning if you like. Serve with the peanut houmous.
Full recipe: Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticks