- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
When hunger strikes, it’s good to know that there are easy, speedy options that are healthy too. We’ve put together our favourite snacks, all with the Good Food healthy stamp of approval. They take 10 minutes or less to make – ready, set, snack!
1. Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticksServes 2 Prep 10 mins No cook
Drain a 380g carton chickpeas and reserve the liquid. Tip three-quarters of the chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tbsp of the chickpea liquid, then add the zest and juice ½ lemon, 1 tbsp tahini, ½ – 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and 1 tsp rapeseed oil.
Blitz until smooth, then stir in the remaining one-quarter of the chickpeas. Cut 4 celery sticks and 2 carrots into batons, then core 2 crisp red apples and cut into slices.
You can use the remaining ½ lemon to squeeze over the apple slices to stop them browning if you like. Serve with the peanut houmous.
Full recipe: Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticks