- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
When hunger strikes, it’s good to know that there are easy, speedy options that are healthy too. We’ve put together our favourite snacks, all with the Good Food healthy stamp of approval. They take 10 minutes or less to make – ready, set, snack!
1. Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticksServes 2 Prep 10 mins No cook
Drain a 380g carton chickpeas and reserve the liquid. Tip three-quarters of the chickpeas into a food processor with 3 tbsp of the chickpea liquid, then add the zest and juice ½ lemon, 1 tbsp tahini, ½ – 1 tsp smoked paprika, 2 tbsp roasted unsalted peanuts and 1 tsp rapeseed oil.
Blitz until smooth, then stir in the remaining one-quarter of the chickpeas. Cut 4 celery sticks and 2 carrots into batons, then core 2 crisp red apples and cut into slices.
You can use the remaining ½ lemon to squeeze over the apple slices to stop them browning if you like. Serve with the peanut houmous.
Full recipe: Peanut houmous with fruit & veg sticks