- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Commander of F-SARS in Rivers State, SP Akin Fakorede, who confirmed the incident said his men intercepted the suspects while they were robbing innocent people.
“A four-man robbery gang with their AK47 rifles impersonating as SARS operatives, met their end on December 16, 2017, at Ogbogoro. The gang had gone to rob Mr. Wey Nwinanadun at his residence in Ogbogoro. The gang had previously robbed Port Harcourt residents at Ada George and Iwofe area of the city.” he said.
He said the criminals, who had wreaked havoc in the state for some time, were overpowered and killed during gunfire.
Fakorede disclosed that it was the same gang that killed a taxi driver early this year, adding that all the property stolen by the robbers were recovered.
A source in Ogbogoro disclosed that the fake F-SARS had arrived the community with some of the stolen property, including a television and other valuables. A resident called Ozuoba Police Station, which alerted the commander of SARS.
When F-SARS personnel stormed the community and identified the individuals as fake, a gun battled ensued, which claimed the lives of the four impostors.
More photos below…