- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Commander of F-SARS in Rivers State, SP Akin Fakorede, who confirmed the incident said his men intercepted the suspects while they were robbing innocent people.
“A four-man robbery gang with their AK47 rifles impersonating as SARS operatives, met their end on December 16, 2017, at Ogbogoro. The gang had gone to rob Mr. Wey Nwinanadun at his residence in Ogbogoro. The gang had previously robbed Port Harcourt residents at Ada George and Iwofe area of the city.” he said.
He said the criminals, who had wreaked havoc in the state for some time, were overpowered and killed during gunfire.
Fakorede disclosed that it was the same gang that killed a taxi driver early this year, adding that all the property stolen by the robbers were recovered.
A source in Ogbogoro disclosed that the fake F-SARS had arrived the community with some of the stolen property, including a television and other valuables. A resident called Ozuoba Police Station, which alerted the commander of SARS.
When F-SARS personnel stormed the community and identified the individuals as fake, a gun battled ensued, which claimed the lives of the four impostors.
More photos below…