- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
15-year-old housewife poisons husband, half brother to death in Katsina
A 15-year-old housewife in Katsina State, Dausiya Abdulmumini, has murdered her 27-year-old husband, Saminu Usman, and her half brother, Muhammad Dasa.
She committed the crime by allegedly adding poisoned substance in the meal she served her husband.
Her sister-in-law, Shafa’atu Usman, 23, who ate three spoons of the poisoned food, survived as she was said to have been rushed to the hospital where she was treated and later discharged.
The Katsina State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident to Vanguard on Friday.
Isah said the incident happened in Ungwar Dan Mayaki village in Bakori Local government area of the state.
The police boss further disclosed that the husband and her half brother, Dasa, who unknowingly ate the left over of the poisoned food from the husband, could not survive it as they were said to be brought into the hospital dead.
The police spokesperson said a good Samaritan reported the case at the Bakori Divisional police station.
He explained further that it was a forceful marriage case where the housewife, Dausiya was initially in love with her husband and suddenly felt she doesn’t love him again after he had had an accident (two weeks after their wedding) leading to his deformity – limping while walking and had also lost almost all of his teeth.
Again, DSP Isah noted that she (Dausiya) was said to be carrying a pregnancy belonging to another man.
The PPRO said Dausiya is in the police costudy in Bakori and would be charged for culpable homicide and other charges.
DSP Isah however, said the incident happened on December, 18, 2017.