- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
15-year-old housewife poisons husband, half brother to death in Katsina
A 15-year-old housewife in Katsina State, Dausiya Abdulmumini, has murdered her 27-year-old husband, Saminu Usman, and her half brother, Muhammad Dasa.
She committed the crime by allegedly adding poisoned substance in the meal she served her husband.
Her sister-in-law, Shafa’atu Usman, 23, who ate three spoons of the poisoned food, survived as she was said to have been rushed to the hospital where she was treated and later discharged.
The Katsina State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident to Vanguard on Friday.
Isah said the incident happened in Ungwar Dan Mayaki village in Bakori Local government area of the state.
The police boss further disclosed that the husband and her half brother, Dasa, who unknowingly ate the left over of the poisoned food from the husband, could not survive it as they were said to be brought into the hospital dead.
The police spokesperson said a good Samaritan reported the case at the Bakori Divisional police station.
He explained further that it was a forceful marriage case where the housewife, Dausiya was initially in love with her husband and suddenly felt she doesn’t love him again after he had had an accident (two weeks after their wedding) leading to his deformity – limping while walking and had also lost almost all of his teeth.
Again, DSP Isah noted that she (Dausiya) was said to be carrying a pregnancy belonging to another man.
The PPRO said Dausiya is in the police costudy in Bakori and would be charged for culpable homicide and other charges.
DSP Isah however, said the incident happened on December, 18, 2017.