- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
- Ojukwu’s first son, Debe Ojukwu is dead, Bianca reacts
- November 6 Indefinite Strike: Court stops NLC, TUC, adjourns case
- Nigeria Army discovers illegal security training camp in Taraba
- Boko Haram kills Imam, 14 others in fresh attack in borno
- Pandemonium in Abuja as Shi’ites clash with Army again (Photos/Video)
- Fayose perfects N50m bail, regains freedom
15-year-old housewife poisons husband, half brother to death in Katsina
A 15-year-old housewife in Katsina State, Dausiya Abdulmumini, has murdered her 27-year-old husband, Saminu Usman, and her half brother, Muhammad Dasa.
She committed the crime by allegedly adding poisoned substance in the meal she served her husband.
Her sister-in-law, Shafa’atu Usman, 23, who ate three spoons of the poisoned food, survived as she was said to have been rushed to the hospital where she was treated and later discharged.
The Katsina State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Gambo Isah, confirmed the incident to Vanguard on Friday.
Isah said the incident happened in Ungwar Dan Mayaki village in Bakori Local government area of the state.
The police boss further disclosed that the husband and her half brother, Dasa, who unknowingly ate the left over of the poisoned food from the husband, could not survive it as they were said to be brought into the hospital dead.
The police spokesperson said a good Samaritan reported the case at the Bakori Divisional police station.
He explained further that it was a forceful marriage case where the housewife, Dausiya was initially in love with her husband and suddenly felt she doesn’t love him again after he had had an accident (two weeks after their wedding) leading to his deformity – limping while walking and had also lost almost all of his teeth.
Again, DSP Isah noted that she (Dausiya) was said to be carrying a pregnancy belonging to another man.
The PPRO said Dausiya is in the police costudy in Bakori and would be charged for culpable homicide and other charges.
DSP Isah however, said the incident happened on December, 18, 2017.