- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
- ASUU kick off indefinite strike
Asking Adesua out was a joke — Adekunle Gold
Singer, Adekunle Gold, once tweeted that he had asked newly married Adesua, to be his girlfriend but the actress had told him she would only accept if he was able to get 50, 000 retweets. While Adekunle Gold he was gathering the retweets, Adesua announced her engagement to her sweetheart, Bank W.
In a chat with Saturday Beats recently, Adekunle Gold claimed it was a joke and his tweets shouldn’t have been taken seriously.
He said, “People do not know if Adesua is just my friend. They wouldn’t know if my tweet was just banter or if it was real. I guess a lot of people thought it was real and I was asking Adesua out online. Why would I do that? We were just joking and she is my friend.
I even tweeted when she got engaged that I’d not even got the 50, 000 retweets she asked for and she was already engaged. It was just banter but I guess people see what they want to see. Adesua and I never dated; we were/are just friends.
“If we had dated, I would have definitely worked towards marrying her. I mean, who would not want to marry Adesua? That is ‘if’ we had dated but that was never the case.”
The singer, who is about 30 years old, said that he was already thinking about marriage but he was not under pressure to get married. However, Adekunle claimed he was in a relationship but did not reveal if it was with Simi, even though it’s being alleged he is romantically involved with the singer.
He said, “I am also thinking of marriage because I am a family man. Already, I have a girlfriend but I would not tell you if she is in this industry. I don’t have to tell you if I am dating Simi or not. I cannot reveal my girlfriend’s identity because it could be that she does not want to be known.
It could be that I want that aspect of my life to be a secret. People know and love me because of my music. I cannot be married for 10 years and people would not eventually find out. When the time is right, everyone would know who my love interest is. Let’s assume that I am dating Simi, what if it does not work out? I’d love to keep that part of my life secret.”
Talking about his show, ‘One Night Stand with Adekunle Gold’, the singer hinted that girls would likely go haywire especially when he serenades them with his love songs. “I tagged my show, One Night Stand with Adekunle Gold and the 79th Element.
I know that when a person hears ‘ one night stand’, the next thing that comes to mind is intimacy. The truth is that there would be so many girls at my show. I would be playing love songs that would put people in the mood and don’t be surprised when the ladies start removing their bras,” the singer said.