- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, Mr. Clement Oladele, told the News Agency of Nigeria in an interview in Ota, Ogun, that the accident occurred at Wazobia, at about 9.00 a.m.
Oladele said two vehicles and 18 persons were involved in the accident that resulted in the death of five persons, while 13 others sustained various degrees of injuries.
The sector commander explained that a commercial bus with registration number MGD 129 ZF coming from Ibadan to Lagos lost control and veered off the road and collided with a trailer with registration number DDA 121 XA that was parked by the road side.
“The corpses of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary in Ipara General Hospital, while the survivors are also receiving treatment at Sagamu and Victory Hospital, Ogere,’’ he said.
Oladele said the driver of the commercial bus absconded immediately after the accident occurred. (NAN)