- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
- Swazi king’s 8th wife, Senteni Masango commits suicide
- Buhari officially declares to run for second term in 2019
- Nigerian singer, Ali Zainab and daughter allegedly murdered by Italian husband in Banana Island, Lagos
Ogun Sector Commander of FRSC, Mr. Clement Oladele, told the News Agency of Nigeria in an interview in Ota, Ogun, that the accident occurred at Wazobia, at about 9.00 a.m.
Oladele said two vehicles and 18 persons were involved in the accident that resulted in the death of five persons, while 13 others sustained various degrees of injuries.
The sector commander explained that a commercial bus with registration number MGD 129 ZF coming from Ibadan to Lagos lost control and veered off the road and collided with a trailer with registration number DDA 121 XA that was parked by the road side.
“The corpses of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary in Ipara General Hospital, while the survivors are also receiving treatment at Sagamu and Victory Hospital, Ogere,’’ he said.
Oladele said the driver of the commercial bus absconded immediately after the accident occurred. (NAN)