- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Nigerian Army arrest Sponsored Militia in Benue State (Photos)
Nigerian Army troops of 93 Battalion stationed in Takum, Taraba State, have yesterday Sunday, arrested 9 members of Benue State government sponsored armed militia known as Civilian JTF at Arufu, a boundary town between Taraba and Benue State.
Five of the sponsored Militia were armed with AK-45 rifles fully loaded. On their arrest, a reinforcement of CJTF came to prevent troops from arresting and transporting the arrested CJTF to the Battalion Headquarters.
However, when the soldiers stood their ground the armed militia’s reinforcement later withdrew. During the preliminary investigation the arrested CJTF claimed that the weapons were issued to them by Benue State government through one Alhaji Aliyu Tashaku.
The suspects also confirmed that they were 60 in number in their own camp located at Gbeyi, Benue State. However, further investigation revealed that they were more than 1,000 at the camp, while over 700 of them bear arms.
Additionally, they revealed that the Benue State Government pay them the sum of N15,000.00 monthly. However, the state is owing them close to 5 months salary as at this month. They further revealed that they were trained by selected ex-service men assembled from all over Benue State.