- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Nigerian Army arrest Sponsored Militia in Benue State (Photos)
Nigerian Army troops of 93 Battalion stationed in Takum, Taraba State, have yesterday Sunday, arrested 9 members of Benue State government sponsored armed militia known as Civilian JTF at Arufu, a boundary town between Taraba and Benue State.
Five of the sponsored Militia were armed with AK-45 rifles fully loaded. On their arrest, a reinforcement of CJTF came to prevent troops from arresting and transporting the arrested CJTF to the Battalion Headquarters.
However, when the soldiers stood their ground the armed militia’s reinforcement later withdrew. During the preliminary investigation the arrested CJTF claimed that the weapons were issued to them by Benue State government through one Alhaji Aliyu Tashaku.
The suspects also confirmed that they were 60 in number in their own camp located at Gbeyi, Benue State. However, further investigation revealed that they were more than 1,000 at the camp, while over 700 of them bear arms.
Additionally, they revealed that the Benue State Government pay them the sum of N15,000.00 monthly. However, the state is owing them close to 5 months salary as at this month. They further revealed that they were trained by selected ex-service men assembled from all over Benue State.