- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
The flight which was said to have initially pushed back at 22:40hrs had air return and emergency landing at 23:16hrs, when the pilot announced the evacuation of all the passengers on board within 90 seconds, after contacting the control tower as the left engine of the aircraft was said to have caught fire mid air in-flight.
According to the airline, the flight landed safely and customers exited the aircraft on the runway via emergency slides, adding that airport fire authorities met the aircraft upon arrival.
The airline said in a statement, “Delta is aware of five customers reporting non-critical injuries as a result of the evacuation.
“Delta teams have provided overnight hotel accommodations to customers and will rebook customers on an alternate Delta aircraft on Wednesday. The safety of Delta’s customers and crew members is always our top priority.”
An eyewitness said a number of crew and passenger casualties were recorded and had been taken to hospitals around the airport for treatment.