- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
- Nollywood loses another Veteran Actor, Chike Osuji
How I escaped rape by throwing menstrual pad at herdsmen in Abraka
A woman identified as Mrs. Patricia Okpako, has said she escaped being raped by herdsmen by throwing her menstrual pad at them.
Giving details on how she escaped being raped by Fulani herdsmen, Mrs. Okpako said: “The herdsmen did not believe when I told them I was menstruating.
As they insisted on seeing evidence, I brought out the bloody pad and threw it at them. “It caused commotion among them. In the confusion that followed, I fled and escaped.”
Speaking on his ordeal, son of Happy Akpomiemie, Elvis, who had accompanied his parents to the farm, said: “Sensing danger, my father told me to run and that he and my mother will look for a way to escape.
“As soon as I started running, my mother followed. But unfortunately, she was shot on the back and this was followed by three more gunshots. “I was able to run for safety and hid in the bush till 10p.m., before I came out to town.
My mother was also able to run to safety, from where she was taken to Abraka General Hospital and subsequently referred to Oghara, owing to the seriousness of her wounds.”