- Nigeria economy is in bad shape, Buhari tells governors
- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
How I escaped rape by throwing menstrual pad at herdsmen in Abraka
A woman identified as Mrs. Patricia Okpako, has said she escaped being raped by herdsmen by throwing her menstrual pad at them.
Giving details on how she escaped being raped by Fulani herdsmen, Mrs. Okpako said: “The herdsmen did not believe when I told them I was menstruating.
As they insisted on seeing evidence, I brought out the bloody pad and threw it at them. “It caused commotion among them. In the confusion that followed, I fled and escaped.”
Speaking on his ordeal, son of Happy Akpomiemie, Elvis, who had accompanied his parents to the farm, said: “Sensing danger, my father told me to run and that he and my mother will look for a way to escape.
“As soon as I started running, my mother followed. But unfortunately, she was shot on the back and this was followed by three more gunshots. “I was able to run for safety and hid in the bush till 10p.m., before I came out to town.
My mother was also able to run to safety, from where she was taken to Abraka General Hospital and subsequently referred to Oghara, owing to the seriousness of her wounds.”