- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
How I escaped rape by throwing menstrual pad at herdsmen in Abraka
A woman identified as Mrs. Patricia Okpako, has said she escaped being raped by herdsmen by throwing her menstrual pad at them.
Giving details on how she escaped being raped by Fulani herdsmen, Mrs. Okpako said: “The herdsmen did not believe when I told them I was menstruating.
As they insisted on seeing evidence, I brought out the bloody pad and threw it at them. “It caused commotion among them. In the confusion that followed, I fled and escaped.”
Speaking on his ordeal, son of Happy Akpomiemie, Elvis, who had accompanied his parents to the farm, said: “Sensing danger, my father told me to run and that he and my mother will look for a way to escape.
“As soon as I started running, my mother followed. But unfortunately, she was shot on the back and this was followed by three more gunshots. “I was able to run for safety and hid in the bush till 10p.m., before I came out to town.
My mother was also able to run to safety, from where she was taken to Abraka General Hospital and subsequently referred to Oghara, owing to the seriousness of her wounds.”