- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Angry Youths burn Anambra church after teacher marries 17yr old sister, claims it’s God’s instruction
Youths of Ekwulobia town, Anambra state, went on a rampage and burnt down a church after a mathematics teacher named Chiadikobi Ezeibekwe married his 17yr old sister claiming God told him to do so in a revelation.
The Teacher, Chiadikobi, who allegedly practiced incest quoted Bible passages in Deuteronomy to illustrate that siblings could marry each other. He said: “One advantage of doing this is that it discourages divorce. It also retains family values and norms.”
He said he did not pay any bride price to anybody in respect of the marriage. He said: “I don’t feel guilty. I don’t feel ashamed. I don’t feel intimidated in any way. Only God can stop us.”
The wedding which incensed the local youths was conducted by Chiadikobi’s elder brother, Chijioke Ezeibekwe, who is the priest of Dwelling Fullness of God Church, Agba. The youth of the village then burnt the church to the ground.
The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, Nkeiruka Nwide, said she heard the story “unofficially.”
Reacting to the issue, the traditional prime minister of Ekwulobia, Gabriel Ezeukwu, said,
“Agba village youths, who saw the marriage as an abomination, set ablaze the church where the wedding took place.
“I restrained them from further action against the man and his family. If it were in the past, the entire family would be burnt down because this is a grave abomination and sin.”
The eldest son of the family, Emeka Ezeibekwe, vowed to resist their union. He said: “It’s over my dead body that they will call themselves husband and wife. It can’t happen.”