- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
According to Sahara Reporters, Lieutenant-Colonel Mamudu was killed along with a young Naval officer while on patrol for Operation Deep Punch 11.
Mamudu, described as a fearless fighter, hailed from Kogi state.
Military sources at the defense headquarters say this is his second time of his coming to Northeast. He was first posted to Borno in 2015.
He was posted there last year from the Nigerian Army HQ department of training and operations (DATOPS).