- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
Illegal firearms factory discovered in Niger
The Niger State Police Command has uncovered an illegal firearms factory in the Mashegu Local Government Area of the state.
Our correspondent gathered that the suspected manufacturers of illegal guns had been convicted by a court to serve as a deterrent to others.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had ordered the recovery of all prohibited firearms in all states in the country.
The police in Niger State had recovered no fewer than 110 different types of guns and over 80 ammunitions from people.
The spokesman for the command, Muhammad Abubakar, said those in possession of such weapons voluntarily submitted them to the command.
According to him, a task force charged with recovering illegal arms has commenced full operation to curtail the increasing rate of insecurity in some parts of the country.