- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Illegal firearms factory discovered in Niger
The Niger State Police Command has uncovered an illegal firearms factory in the Mashegu Local Government Area of the state.
Our correspondent gathered that the suspected manufacturers of illegal guns had been convicted by a court to serve as a deterrent to others.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had ordered the recovery of all prohibited firearms in all states in the country.
The police in Niger State had recovered no fewer than 110 different types of guns and over 80 ammunitions from people.
The spokesman for the command, Muhammad Abubakar, said those in possession of such weapons voluntarily submitted them to the command.
According to him, a task force charged with recovering illegal arms has commenced full operation to curtail the increasing rate of insecurity in some parts of the country.