- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
- Gunmen in military uniform attacks Naka community in Benue, sets houses ablaze
- Appeal court freezes Fayose’s bank account
- Photos: Police arrest Senator Omo-Agege after Thugs cart away Senate mace during plenary
- Tragedy: Gunmen killed 4 policemen in Benue, 11 others missing (photos)
- Fresh Strike: Killer Herdsmen murder village head in Benue
- Another Popular Nollywood Actor, Tony Aleg is dead
- FG confirms Anambra as oil producing state, approves employment for 10,000 youths
Illegal firearms factory discovered in Niger
The Niger State Police Command has uncovered an illegal firearms factory in the Mashegu Local Government Area of the state.
Our correspondent gathered that the suspected manufacturers of illegal guns had been convicted by a court to serve as a deterrent to others.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had ordered the recovery of all prohibited firearms in all states in the country.
The police in Niger State had recovered no fewer than 110 different types of guns and over 80 ammunitions from people.
The spokesman for the command, Muhammad Abubakar, said those in possession of such weapons voluntarily submitted them to the command.
According to him, a task force charged with recovering illegal arms has commenced full operation to curtail the increasing rate of insecurity in some parts of the country.