- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Illegal firearms factory discovered in Niger
The Niger State Police Command has uncovered an illegal firearms factory in the Mashegu Local Government Area of the state.
Our correspondent gathered that the suspected manufacturers of illegal guns had been convicted by a court to serve as a deterrent to others.
The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had ordered the recovery of all prohibited firearms in all states in the country.
The police in Niger State had recovered no fewer than 110 different types of guns and over 80 ammunitions from people.
The spokesman for the command, Muhammad Abubakar, said those in possession of such weapons voluntarily submitted them to the command.
According to him, a task force charged with recovering illegal arms has commenced full operation to curtail the increasing rate of insecurity in some parts of the country.