- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
Another robbery suspects beaten to death in Enugu
The Enugu Police Command has confirmed that two robbery and cultism suspects were beaten to death in the state by a mob after they were caught robbing a victim.
SP Ebere Amaraizu, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, in Enugu state, said in a statement issued on Monday in Enugu that the incident occurred on Sunday.
Amaraizu disclosed that the suspects, Okeme alias Pikin and Philip Onyebuchi alias Akwara had been terrorising residents of Abbi and Adani in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of the state through their alleged evil activities.
He stated that the mob allegedly beat the suspects and inflicted various degrees of injuries on them before police operatives could arrive the scene.
According to him, the suspects had been on the wanted list of the police.
“Just as the saying goes, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house.
“It was gathered that on the fateful day, these suspected hoodlums emerged from the bush in their usual way to unleash mayhem on the innocent citizens.
“They were resisted by their victim who raised alarm.
“The alarm raised attracted the attention of angry mob from Abbi and Adani communities who immediately gave them hot chase.”
Amaraizu added that following the beating received by the suspects, “they were promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention but were later confirmed dead by a doctor on duty.
“Their dead bodies have been deposited at the hospital mortuary.’’