- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
Another robbery suspects beaten to death in Enugu
The Enugu Police Command has confirmed that two robbery and cultism suspects were beaten to death in the state by a mob after they were caught robbing a victim.
SP Ebere Amaraizu, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, in Enugu state, said in a statement issued on Monday in Enugu that the incident occurred on Sunday.
Amaraizu disclosed that the suspects, Okeme alias Pikin and Philip Onyebuchi alias Akwara had been terrorising residents of Abbi and Adani in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of the state through their alleged evil activities.
He stated that the mob allegedly beat the suspects and inflicted various degrees of injuries on them before police operatives could arrive the scene.
According to him, the suspects had been on the wanted list of the police.
“Just as the saying goes, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house.
“It was gathered that on the fateful day, these suspected hoodlums emerged from the bush in their usual way to unleash mayhem on the innocent citizens.
“They were resisted by their victim who raised alarm.
“The alarm raised attracted the attention of angry mob from Abbi and Adani communities who immediately gave them hot chase.”
Amaraizu added that following the beating received by the suspects, “they were promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention but were later confirmed dead by a doctor on duty.
“Their dead bodies have been deposited at the hospital mortuary.’’