- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The Couple, each has a new title. Harry is now the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. Ms. Markle will be known as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex.
Oprah Winfrey was there. So was Elton John, Serena Williams, and the Clooneys and the Beckhams. The dress was by Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy. The big moment was the rousing sermon by the Most Rev. Michael Curry. If you’re in the U.S. and slept in, here’s a recap of everything you missed.
In the scheme of things, this particular marriage is not all that important. Harry is only sixth in line to the throne. But Ms. Markle is a highly unusual royal bride: She’s American, divorced, three years older than Harry, had a high-profile career and is biracial. It’s a new day for the monarchy.
Photos from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s procession through the streets of Windsor.
The couple were waved off and watched by members of the royal family as they left in an open-top Ascot Landau for a carriage procession through Windsor. The Long Walk is filled with thousands of people cheering in delight as the newly-weds slowly make their way past.
Meghan waves gracefully while her husband smiles as the procession weaves its way through the streets of Windsor.
More photos below.