- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
The Couple, each has a new title. Harry is now the Duke of Sussex, Earl of Dumbarton and Baron Kilkeel. Ms. Markle will be known as Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Sussex.
Oprah Winfrey was there. So was Elton John, Serena Williams, and the Clooneys and the Beckhams. The dress was by Clare Waight Keller for Givenchy. The big moment was the rousing sermon by the Most Rev. Michael Curry. If you’re in the U.S. and slept in, here’s a recap of everything you missed.
In the scheme of things, this particular marriage is not all that important. Harry is only sixth in line to the throne. But Ms. Markle is a highly unusual royal bride: She’s American, divorced, three years older than Harry, had a high-profile career and is biracial. It’s a new day for the monarchy.
Photos from Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s procession through the streets of Windsor.
The couple were waved off and watched by members of the royal family as they left in an open-top Ascot Landau for a carriage procession through Windsor. The Long Walk is filled with thousands of people cheering in delight as the newly-weds slowly make their way past.
Meghan waves gracefully while her husband smiles as the procession weaves its way through the streets of Windsor.
More photos below.