- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
Super Eagles to meet Buhari today
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Wednesday receive the Russia 2018 World Cup-bound Super Eagles at the Presidential Villa.
The event slated for the Council Chambers is meant to afford the President the opportunity of bidding the players farewell as they depart for their sixth appearance at the World Cup.The reception was earlier slated for Tuesday evening.
It will hold instead of the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council.
The Minister of Sports, Solomon Dalung, will present the to Buhari, a few hours before the Eagles travel to London aboard a chartered aircraft for another friendly against England at Wembley Stadium on Saturday.
From London, the team will fly into Bad Tatzmannsdorf, a city in Austria where they will spend eight days at Avita Resort before flying to Russia.
In-between the final camping in Austria, the team will play a final pre-World Cup friendly against the Czech Republic at the Rudolf Tonn Stadium (just outside Vienna) on Wednesday next week.