- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Plane Forced To Make Emergency Landing After A Passenger’s “Unbearable” Body Odour Makes Others Vomit & Faint
A plane was forced to make an emergency landing after a passenger’s “unbearable” body odour caused other holiday-makers around him to vomit and faint.
The Transavia flight to the Spanish holiday island of Gran Canaria took off from Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands but was soon forced to make an unexpected detour when travelers became distressed by the stench of a man who “smelt like he hadn’t washed in weeks”. The man smelt so bad other passengers started to faint and vomit.
Staff on board the Transavia service reportedly tried to quarantine him in a toilet of the Boeing 737 before the pilots were forced to divert the flight. They landed in Faro in southern Portugal so the foul-smelling man could be removed from the flight.
Photo shows the man being escorted off the plane by medical staff and placed on an airport bus.
Belgian passenger Piet van Haut was one of the passengers on board the plane and he described the stench of the man as “unbearable”.
He said: “It was like he hadn’t washed himself for several weeks. Several passengers got sick and had to puke.”
Transavia confirmed the emergency landing saying it was due to “medical reasons”.
A Transavia spokesman said: “The aeroplane diverted because of medical reasons, but it is indeed right that he smelled quite a bit.”