- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Offa Bank Robbery : How I Personally Killed Over 20 People After Taking Tramadol – Suspect Reveals
Michael Adiku, the dismissed Corporal turned leader of the armed robbery gang that attacked commercial banks in Offa, Kwara State, has told detectives why he wasted many lives including those of policemen that day.
Adiku, who said he was on a killing spree, told operatives of the Inspector-General of Police (IG) Intelligence Response Team (IRT) that he personally killed over 20 people, mostly policemen during the operation.
The suspect said he deliberately killed those policemen that day because he has scores to settle with the system, adding that they took Tramadol and other hard drugs before embarking on the mission.
Adikwu, a Corporal attached to the Kwara State unit of SARS, was dismissed after he was accused of freeing suspected armed robbers. He was later charged to court and sent to prison, where he spent three years.
A police source who gave update on the case, revealed that from findings, Adikwu had vowed to deal with the police for dismissing and jailing him.
He said: “Adikwu, while in prison, had been threatening to the hearing of other inmates, that he would kill as many policemen as possible once he had the opportunity.
Adikwu led three others into the police station, while others stayed outside. They walked into the station as if they wanted to lodge a complaint with their pistols concealed under their clothes.
Immediately they entered, Adikwu said he shot the station guard he killed 9 policemen at the station and carried their rifles. The suspects confessed that they took Tramadol and other hard drugs before embarking on the operation. .
Over 30 people were killed that day and Adikwu said he personally killed over 20. One of those he went into the police station with was Arrow (Kunle Ogunleye).
After the operation, he went to each of the banks which were being robbed to issue orders. He was captured on CCTV shouting at his members, telling them what to do and what not to do.”