- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Cultists name another House of assembly member as their sponsor
Days after Offa bank robbery suspects implicated Senate President Bukola Saraki, two suspected cultists arrested in Ogun state have alleged that their activities were being sponsored by a member of the state House of Assembly, Yinka Mafe.
According to Punch, the cultists namely Olushola Adedeji; Olusegun Olalekan, aka Musket;Azeez aka Anene; and Abolore, aka A.B, were arrested by the operatives of the Zonal Intervention Squad, Obada, Abeokuta for allegedly shooting and killing one person, identified as Arsenal-Nice in Sagamu, Ogun State.
However, in a swift reaction, Mafe, who is also the majority leader in the state House of Assembly, denied the allegation saying he would like the cultists to be charged to court where he would defend himself.
“I don’t react to beer parlour gists. I’ll rather they are charged to a court of competent jurisdiction so I have my day in court as a lawyer to defend myself. Thanks.” he told Punch via text message
Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, said “The case is under investigation. They (suspects) said they were working for one politician, but we are investigating