- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Cultists name another House of assembly member as their sponsor
Days after Offa bank robbery suspects implicated Senate President Bukola Saraki, two suspected cultists arrested in Ogun state have alleged that their activities were being sponsored by a member of the state House of Assembly, Yinka Mafe.
According to Punch, the cultists namely Olushola Adedeji; Olusegun Olalekan, aka Musket;Azeez aka Anene; and Abolore, aka A.B, were arrested by the operatives of the Zonal Intervention Squad, Obada, Abeokuta for allegedly shooting and killing one person, identified as Arsenal-Nice in Sagamu, Ogun State.
However, in a swift reaction, Mafe, who is also the majority leader in the state House of Assembly, denied the allegation saying he would like the cultists to be charged to court where he would defend himself.
“I don’t react to beer parlour gists. I’ll rather they are charged to a court of competent jurisdiction so I have my day in court as a lawyer to defend myself. Thanks.” he told Punch via text message
Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, said “The case is under investigation. They (suspects) said they were working for one politician, but we are investigating