- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
Cultists name another House of assembly member as their sponsor
Days after Offa bank robbery suspects implicated Senate President Bukola Saraki, two suspected cultists arrested in Ogun state have alleged that their activities were being sponsored by a member of the state House of Assembly, Yinka Mafe.
According to Punch, the cultists namely Olushola Adedeji; Olusegun Olalekan, aka Musket;Azeez aka Anene; and Abolore, aka A.B, were arrested by the operatives of the Zonal Intervention Squad, Obada, Abeokuta for allegedly shooting and killing one person, identified as Arsenal-Nice in Sagamu, Ogun State.
However, in a swift reaction, Mafe, who is also the majority leader in the state House of Assembly, denied the allegation saying he would like the cultists to be charged to court where he would defend himself.
“I don’t react to beer parlour gists. I’ll rather they are charged to a court of competent jurisdiction so I have my day in court as a lawyer to defend myself. Thanks.” he told Punch via text message
Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, said “The case is under investigation. They (suspects) said they were working for one politician, but we are investigating