- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Cultists name another House of assembly member as their sponsor
Days after Offa bank robbery suspects implicated Senate President Bukola Saraki, two suspected cultists arrested in Ogun state have alleged that their activities were being sponsored by a member of the state House of Assembly, Yinka Mafe.
According to Punch, the cultists namely Olushola Adedeji; Olusegun Olalekan, aka Musket;Azeez aka Anene; and Abolore, aka A.B, were arrested by the operatives of the Zonal Intervention Squad, Obada, Abeokuta for allegedly shooting and killing one person, identified as Arsenal-Nice in Sagamu, Ogun State.
However, in a swift reaction, Mafe, who is also the majority leader in the state House of Assembly, denied the allegation saying he would like the cultists to be charged to court where he would defend himself.
“I don’t react to beer parlour gists. I’ll rather they are charged to a court of competent jurisdiction so I have my day in court as a lawyer to defend myself. Thanks.” he told Punch via text message
Confirming the arrest of the suspects, the Zonal Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmus, said “The case is under investigation. They (suspects) said they were working for one politician, but we are investigating