- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
LASEMA Gives Update On Unidentified Woman Who Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency yesterday said there had not been any concrete information regarding the alleged suicide on the Third Mainland Bridge lagoon in Lagos.
It would be recalled that there is news about a lady who packed her car on the Third Mainland Bridge at about 6pm on June 10 and jumped into the lagoon.
The General Manager of LASEMA, Adesina Tiamiyu, who spoke in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria in Lagos, appealed to the public for relevant information regarding the incident.
Tiamiyu said: “Anybody with useful information of any missing person should report to the nearest police station or any office of the agency.”
He said such information would give the agency the hint on the incident.
He said: “We are still carrying out our search and rescue at the lagoon.
“Both the Marine Police and the Lagos State Waterway Authority are still there to see if there is any floating body.”
Tiamiyu said the owner of the Ford Explorer Sports Utility Van trending on the social media had nothing to do with the incident.
“He was only trying to help. He and his wife are okay,” he said.
The Lagos State Police Command had earlier on Monday said it had commenced investigation into the report that an unidentified lady allegedly parked her car on the Third Mainland Bridge and jumped into the lagoon.