- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
I Don’t Regret Pouring Hot Water On My Mom – Drunk ‘Evil’ Son Confesses
The gallant operatives of the \Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Niger State Command, have arrested a 35-year-old man, Musa Umar, for pouring hot water on his mother in Minna, the state capital.
According to PUNCH Metro, Umar was believed to be under the influence of alcohol and cannabis while carrying out the act which caused his mother grievous injuries.
It was gathered that the suspect who lived on Okada road with his mother was known for excessive consumption of alcohol.
While confessing to his crime, he said; “I actually poured the hot water on her without any genuine reason. I am ok, I don’t regret it.”
It was learnt that Umar had attempted to kill his mother twice by hitting her with stones and stabbing her with knife.
The mother, Mrs. Umar, who is currently on admission at a private hospital, is responding to treatment.
The Niger State commandant of the corps, Philip Ayuba, stated that the culprit did not show any remorse for his action.
According to the commandant, the suspect confessed during interrogation that he had attempted to kill the mother several times, adding that Umar would be arraigned in court after investigation.