- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
I helped my friend kidnap his cousin to make money for Sallah – Suspect
Emmanuel Idi was arrested alongside his alleged conspirator, Mohammed Kwairi. He was reported to have conspired with Kwairi to kidnap one of his cousins, Haruna Danladi, in Sabon Mariga, on May 26.
They were said to have been arrested by the police at the point of collecting the negotiated sum of N2.5 million ransom.
“I gave Kwairi the phone number of my cousin and we demanded for N5 million from him. He said he will give us N2.5m. We agreed on where to drop the money but we didn’t know it was a set up as the police had been informed.
We were arrested by the police when we got to the spot,” he said.
One his part, Kwairi, said that he joined the plot to make money for the forthcoming sallah celebration.
“I was looking for money to buy things for the sallah. I never knew that police operatives will arrest me. My parents were so angry that they refused to visit me in the cell. Honestly, I have disappointed them and I pray that they would forgive me,” Kwairi lamented