- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
I helped my friend kidnap his cousin to make money for Sallah – Suspect
Emmanuel Idi was arrested alongside his alleged conspirator, Mohammed Kwairi. He was reported to have conspired with Kwairi to kidnap one of his cousins, Haruna Danladi, in Sabon Mariga, on May 26.
They were said to have been arrested by the police at the point of collecting the negotiated sum of N2.5 million ransom.
“I gave Kwairi the phone number of my cousin and we demanded for N5 million from him. He said he will give us N2.5m. We agreed on where to drop the money but we didn’t know it was a set up as the police had been informed.
We were arrested by the police when we got to the spot,” he said.
One his part, Kwairi, said that he joined the plot to make money for the forthcoming sallah celebration.
“I was looking for money to buy things for the sallah. I never knew that police operatives will arrest me. My parents were so angry that they refused to visit me in the cell. Honestly, I have disappointed them and I pray that they would forgive me,” Kwairi lamented