- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
I helped my friend kidnap his cousin to make money for Sallah – Suspect
Emmanuel Idi was arrested alongside his alleged conspirator, Mohammed Kwairi. He was reported to have conspired with Kwairi to kidnap one of his cousins, Haruna Danladi, in Sabon Mariga, on May 26.
They were said to have been arrested by the police at the point of collecting the negotiated sum of N2.5 million ransom.
“I gave Kwairi the phone number of my cousin and we demanded for N5 million from him. He said he will give us N2.5m. We agreed on where to drop the money but we didn’t know it was a set up as the police had been informed.
We were arrested by the police when we got to the spot,” he said.
One his part, Kwairi, said that he joined the plot to make money for the forthcoming sallah celebration.
“I was looking for money to buy things for the sallah. I never knew that police operatives will arrest me. My parents were so angry that they refused to visit me in the cell. Honestly, I have disappointed them and I pray that they would forgive me,” Kwairi lamented