- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
I helped my friend kidnap his cousin to make money for Sallah – Suspect
Emmanuel Idi was arrested alongside his alleged conspirator, Mohammed Kwairi. He was reported to have conspired with Kwairi to kidnap one of his cousins, Haruna Danladi, in Sabon Mariga, on May 26.
They were said to have been arrested by the police at the point of collecting the negotiated sum of N2.5 million ransom.
“I gave Kwairi the phone number of my cousin and we demanded for N5 million from him. He said he will give us N2.5m. We agreed on where to drop the money but we didn’t know it was a set up as the police had been informed.
We were arrested by the police when we got to the spot,” he said.
One his part, Kwairi, said that he joined the plot to make money for the forthcoming sallah celebration.
“I was looking for money to buy things for the sallah. I never knew that police operatives will arrest me. My parents were so angry that they refused to visit me in the cell. Honestly, I have disappointed them and I pray that they would forgive me,” Kwairi lamented