- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
I helped my friend kidnap his cousin to make money for Sallah – Suspect
Emmanuel Idi was arrested alongside his alleged conspirator, Mohammed Kwairi. He was reported to have conspired with Kwairi to kidnap one of his cousins, Haruna Danladi, in Sabon Mariga, on May 26.
They were said to have been arrested by the police at the point of collecting the negotiated sum of N2.5 million ransom.
“I gave Kwairi the phone number of my cousin and we demanded for N5 million from him. He said he will give us N2.5m. We agreed on where to drop the money but we didn’t know it was a set up as the police had been informed.
We were arrested by the police when we got to the spot,” he said.
One his part, Kwairi, said that he joined the plot to make money for the forthcoming sallah celebration.
“I was looking for money to buy things for the sallah. I never knew that police operatives will arrest me. My parents were so angry that they refused to visit me in the cell. Honestly, I have disappointed them and I pray that they would forgive me,” Kwairi lamented