- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
Kerosene explosion kills one, injures two others in Edo
One person has reportedly died in a kerosene explosion in the Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
It was gathered that the incident, which occurred at the Evbuotubu Market on Tuesday, left two others injured.
It was learnt that the victim, identified as Mama Chichi, a kerosene trader, had lit a match over a gallon containing the product to confirm its genuineness, when it exploded.
It was also learnt that the explosion created an inferno that destroyed many shops.
The Director of the Edo State Fire Service, Mr. Franklyn Agbonlahor, said there was no record that anybody died in the explosion.
He said, “Our men responded promptly. We invited other fire agencies and they were there.”
However, some of the traders claimed that the kerosene was purchased from some operators of illegal refineries in the state.
A trader, who identified herself as Patience, said the buyer who asked the trader to test the kerosene fled when the explosion occurred.
Patience said, “When the thing (substance) exploded, all of us ran away, including the man that asked the woman to test the kerosene. The woman died in a hospital.”