- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
Kerosene explosion kills one, injures two others in Edo
One person has reportedly died in a kerosene explosion in the Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
It was gathered that the incident, which occurred at the Evbuotubu Market on Tuesday, left two others injured.
It was learnt that the victim, identified as Mama Chichi, a kerosene trader, had lit a match over a gallon containing the product to confirm its genuineness, when it exploded.
It was also learnt that the explosion created an inferno that destroyed many shops.
The Director of the Edo State Fire Service, Mr. Franklyn Agbonlahor, said there was no record that anybody died in the explosion.
He said, “Our men responded promptly. We invited other fire agencies and they were there.”
However, some of the traders claimed that the kerosene was purchased from some operators of illegal refineries in the state.
A trader, who identified herself as Patience, said the buyer who asked the trader to test the kerosene fled when the explosion occurred.
Patience said, “When the thing (substance) exploded, all of us ran away, including the man that asked the woman to test the kerosene. The woman died in a hospital.”