- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Kerosene explosion kills one, injures two others in Edo
One person has reportedly died in a kerosene explosion in the Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
It was gathered that the incident, which occurred at the Evbuotubu Market on Tuesday, left two others injured.
It was learnt that the victim, identified as Mama Chichi, a kerosene trader, had lit a match over a gallon containing the product to confirm its genuineness, when it exploded.
It was also learnt that the explosion created an inferno that destroyed many shops.
The Director of the Edo State Fire Service, Mr. Franklyn Agbonlahor, said there was no record that anybody died in the explosion.
He said, “Our men responded promptly. We invited other fire agencies and they were there.”
However, some of the traders claimed that the kerosene was purchased from some operators of illegal refineries in the state.
A trader, who identified herself as Patience, said the buyer who asked the trader to test the kerosene fled when the explosion occurred.
Patience said, “When the thing (substance) exploded, all of us ran away, including the man that asked the woman to test the kerosene. The woman died in a hospital.”