- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
Kerosene explosion kills one, injures two others in Edo
One person has reportedly died in a kerosene explosion in the Egor Local Government Area of Edo State.
It was gathered that the incident, which occurred at the Evbuotubu Market on Tuesday, left two others injured.
It was learnt that the victim, identified as Mama Chichi, a kerosene trader, had lit a match over a gallon containing the product to confirm its genuineness, when it exploded.
It was also learnt that the explosion created an inferno that destroyed many shops.
The Director of the Edo State Fire Service, Mr. Franklyn Agbonlahor, said there was no record that anybody died in the explosion.
He said, “Our men responded promptly. We invited other fire agencies and they were there.”
However, some of the traders claimed that the kerosene was purchased from some operators of illegal refineries in the state.
A trader, who identified herself as Patience, said the buyer who asked the trader to test the kerosene fled when the explosion occurred.
Patience said, “When the thing (substance) exploded, all of us ran away, including the man that asked the woman to test the kerosene. The woman died in a hospital.”