- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Serious Drama In Abeokuta As SARS Operative Slaps Soldier Mistaken For Yahoo Boy in Ogun
According to a report by The Guardian, it was a rowdy scene yesterday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, when operatives of the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad (FSARS) attached to the Ogun State Police Command assaulted a soldier thought to be a yahoo yahoo boy.
A footage shared via Instagram, Instablog9ja, showed a violent scene during the confrontation between the FSARS operatives and the soldier. The soldier, who was dressed casually, did not appear pleased following the assault that ensured his shirt was ripped.
As seen in the video, the party engaged themselves in an unfriendly conversation held close to a vehicle the soldier was driving.
“This is what SARS are doing in Abeokuta. You guys are behaving like armed robbers. I was born and bread in Abeokuta,” the soldier was heard saying in the heated argument.
The incident is coming days after an order by the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who had earlier warned SARS officers against needless search.