- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Serious Drama In Abeokuta As SARS Operative Slaps Soldier Mistaken For Yahoo Boy in Ogun
According to a report by The Guardian, it was a rowdy scene yesterday in Abeokuta, Ogun State, when operatives of the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad (FSARS) attached to the Ogun State Police Command assaulted a soldier thought to be a yahoo yahoo boy.
A footage shared via Instagram, Instablog9ja, showed a violent scene during the confrontation between the FSARS operatives and the soldier. The soldier, who was dressed casually, did not appear pleased following the assault that ensured his shirt was ripped.
As seen in the video, the party engaged themselves in an unfriendly conversation held close to a vehicle the soldier was driving.
“This is what SARS are doing in Abeokuta. You guys are behaving like armed robbers. I was born and bread in Abeokuta,” the soldier was heard saying in the heated argument.
The incident is coming days after an order by the Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, who had earlier warned SARS officers against needless search.