- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
7 Perfume Hacks That Will Have You Smelling Amazing All Day
We all like to smell nice all day long, but sometimes it can feel like your perfume has disappeared the moment you put it on. There are so many factors that cause fragrances to fade off quickly but not to worry there are solutions that actually work
It is all about knowing where and how to apply your perfume and how to store it so it retains its quality.
These simple hacks would help you increase the quality of your perfume and have you smelling amazing all day.
1. Store your perfume in cool spots
If you want your fragrances to last longer don’t store them in your bathroom or other damp, warm places. Heat, light, and humidity will break down the perfume and lessen the quality of the fragrance. Instead, store them in cool spots.
2. Try the Almighty Vaseline Hack
Rub Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume to make the scent last longer. The ointment will hold the fragrance to your skin longer than if you were to spray it onto dry skin.
3. Target your pulse points
Pulse points are where blood vessels are closer to the surface of the skin than other areas. In order to make your perfume last the longest, you need to target your pulse points.
Here are some of the best pulse points to use your perfume on: inside of your wrists, inside of your elbows, neck and chest area, behind your knees, ankles, and calves.
4. Do not spray perfume on dry skin
Always ensure that your skin is properly moisturized before spraying perfume. You want the essential oils and goodness to soak into your skin instead of it evaporating away, and absorption is always better when your skin is well hydrated.
5. Do not rub your wrists together after spraying perfume
This is something almost everyone does but the truth is rubbing your wrists together forces the top notes of your perfume to break down and fade faster than it would have if you had simply left them alone.
Instead, simply let your perfume sit and do its own thing, and the fragrance story will remain more intact than otherwise.
6. Get a fragrance with long lasting base notes
Every fragrance generally has “notes”, which are basically the scents that are released consecutively as the alcoholic carrier of the perfume evaporates. It determines how your perfume will smell like as time passes, so you’ll really want to know about this if you want to get the most out of your perfume.
7. Spray the fragrance in the air and slowly walk into the mist
The spray will distribute evenly across your body and leave you with a hint of fragrance for occasions when you don’t want to smell as strong.