- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
It was learnt that the assailants, who were in a vehicle, shot the men in a surprise attack and zoomed off after the dastardly act earlier on Tuesday. Our correspondent gathered that the incident caused panic as motorists and residents ran away in fright as gunshots went on incessantly.
But it could not be immediately ascertained if the attackers went away with the firearms of the slain policemen.
The bodies of the slain cops were later evacuated from the scene in a police van. The pictures of the men later surfaced online.
The Commissioner of Police, Sadiq Bello, who confirmed the incident, said he was in a briefing and could not provide details of the attack.
He stated that the Command would soon issue a statement on the incident.