- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Banky W, Rahama Sadau’s Crew Attacked In Plateau
The executive director of an upcoming movie Up North, Editi Effiong, has narrated how the crew of a movie featuring stars like Nigerian singer, Banky W, and Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, were attacked in Jos, Plateau state.
According to reports, Fulani herdsmen has attacked 11 villages in Plateau state killing over 86 people and burnt about 50 houses.
From the tweets shared by Editi Effiong, it appears the crew members were caught in the riot that followed the attacks.
”Our buses carrying #UpNorthTheFilm logistics crew were attacked in Jos earlier today. Everyone is safe but buses were damaged.
Dear Nigeria, wyd?
The attack was in Jos, Plateau State. Apparently people were killed and the youth are rioting in response.
I understand your concern for my safety. But the truth is that there are Nigerians living this nightmare week after week. What about them?
Don’t they deserve the same safety, security and concern that I get?”
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has placed a dusk till dawn curfew in the affected areas. He also promised the people of the state that the perpetrators will be apprehended by security agencies.