- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Banky W, Rahama Sadau’s Crew Attacked In Plateau
The executive director of an upcoming movie Up North, Editi Effiong, has narrated how the crew of a movie featuring stars like Nigerian singer, Banky W, and Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, were attacked in Jos, Plateau state.
According to reports, Fulani herdsmen has attacked 11 villages in Plateau state killing over 86 people and burnt about 50 houses.
From the tweets shared by Editi Effiong, it appears the crew members were caught in the riot that followed the attacks.
”Our buses carrying #UpNorthTheFilm logistics crew were attacked in Jos earlier today. Everyone is safe but buses were damaged.
Dear Nigeria, wyd?
The attack was in Jos, Plateau State. Apparently people were killed and the youth are rioting in response.
I understand your concern for my safety. But the truth is that there are Nigerians living this nightmare week after week. What about them?
Don’t they deserve the same safety, security and concern that I get?”
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has placed a dusk till dawn curfew in the affected areas. He also promised the people of the state that the perpetrators will be apprehended by security agencies.