- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The executive director of an upcoming movie Up North, Editi Effiong, has narrated how the crew of a movie featuring stars like Nigerian singer, Banky W, and Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, were attacked in Jos, Plateau state.
According to reports, Fulani herdsmen has attacked 11 villages in Plateau state killing over 86 people and burnt about 50 houses.
From the tweets shared by Editi Effiong, it appears the crew members were caught in the riot that followed the attacks.
”Our buses carrying #UpNorthTheFilm logistics crew were attacked in Jos earlier today. Everyone is safe but buses were damaged.
Dear Nigeria, wyd?
The attack was in Jos, Plateau State. Apparently people were killed and the youth are rioting in response.
I understand your concern for my safety. But the truth is that there are Nigerians living this nightmare week after week. What about them?
Don’t they deserve the same safety, security and concern that I get?”
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has placed a dusk till dawn curfew in the affected areas. He also promised the people of the state that the perpetrators will be apprehended by security agencies.