- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Banky W, Rahama Sadau’s Crew Attacked In Plateau
The executive director of an upcoming movie Up North, Editi Effiong, has narrated how the crew of a movie featuring stars like Nigerian singer, Banky W, and Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau, were attacked in Jos, Plateau state.
According to reports, Fulani herdsmen has attacked 11 villages in Plateau state killing over 86 people and burnt about 50 houses.
From the tweets shared by Editi Effiong, it appears the crew members were caught in the riot that followed the attacks.
”Our buses carrying #UpNorthTheFilm logistics crew were attacked in Jos earlier today. Everyone is safe but buses were damaged.
Dear Nigeria, wyd?
The attack was in Jos, Plateau State. Apparently people were killed and the youth are rioting in response.
I understand your concern for my safety. But the truth is that there are Nigerians living this nightmare week after week. What about them?
Don’t they deserve the same safety, security and concern that I get?”
Plateau state governor, Simon Lalong has placed a dusk till dawn curfew in the affected areas. He also promised the people of the state that the perpetrators will be apprehended by security agencies.