- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
Former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Adamu Ciroma is dead. Family sources said the elder statesman died in a Turkish hospital, Abuja, on Thursday after a protracted illness.
He was 84 years old. The deceased, a founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was Finance Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo administration from 1999 to 2003. He also served as Minister of Agriculture in the Second Republic and was governor of Central Bank of Nigeria between 19975 and 1977.
Ciroma, who hailed from Potiskum in Yobe State, would be buried later today in Abuja.