- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
Former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Adamu Ciroma is dead. Family sources said the elder statesman died in a Turkish hospital, Abuja, on Thursday after a protracted illness.
He was 84 years old. The deceased, a founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was Finance Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo administration from 1999 to 2003. He also served as Minister of Agriculture in the Second Republic and was governor of Central Bank of Nigeria between 19975 and 1977.
Ciroma, who hailed from Potiskum in Yobe State, would be buried later today in Abuja.