- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
Former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Adamu Ciroma is dead. Family sources said the elder statesman died in a Turkish hospital, Abuja, on Thursday after a protracted illness.
He was 84 years old. The deceased, a founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was Finance Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo administration from 1999 to 2003. He also served as Minister of Agriculture in the Second Republic and was governor of Central Bank of Nigeria between 19975 and 1977.
Ciroma, who hailed from Potiskum in Yobe State, would be buried later today in Abuja.