- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
Former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Adamu Ciroma is dead. Family sources said the elder statesman died in a Turkish hospital, Abuja, on Thursday after a protracted illness.
He was 84 years old. The deceased, a founding member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), was Finance Minister under President Olusegun Obasanjo administration from 1999 to 2003. He also served as Minister of Agriculture in the Second Republic and was governor of Central Bank of Nigeria between 19975 and 1977.
Ciroma, who hailed from Potiskum in Yobe State, would be buried later today in Abuja.